Step Beyond Celiac is a fun run/walk event for the entire family! Currently held in three cities across the US, Step Beyond Celiac 5Ks raise funds to support the Beyond Celiac research efforts and help the organization develop a global patient registry of people diagnosed with celiac disease who want to participate in research studies, including clinical trials.
A world in which people with celiac disease can live healthy lives, free from social stigma and fear of gluten exposure – A world Beyond Celiac.
Beyond Celiac unites with patients and partners to drive diagnosis, advance research and accelerate the discovery of new treatments and a cure.
Potential Impact for Autoimmune Diseases
Finding treatment options and ultimately curing celiac disease will advance research for other autoimmune diseases.1
The Future of Celiac Disease
- Celiac disease is widely recognized as a serious, common, genetic autoimmune disease
- People with celiac disease symptoms, and family members who are genetically at risk, are highly motivated to seek testing and diagnosis from medical professionals
- Medical professionals readily identify symptoms and provide timely and comprehensive diagnosis so that people no longer have to suffer with known and unknown symptoms and hidden consequences of celiac disease
- Medical care treatments are readily available that ensure there are no negative health or lifestyle consequences of being diagnosed with celiac disease
- Insurers, including governments, recognize the benefit of medically treating and, eventually, curing celiac disease and provide coverage to make effective medical treatment affordable for everyone
- Access to appropriate medical care and the standard of care that people diagnosed with celiac disease receive is consistent regardless of geography, social or economic boundaries
- People with celiac disease are receptive to taking new treatments and living a “normal” life, free from the fear of food
- Curing celiac disease provides a gateway to curing other autoimmune diseases
- Beyond Celiac is the recognized conduit for education, exchange of information and partnerships between key stakeholders: patients, scientists and researchers, medical providers, pharmaceutical, diagnostic and biotech companies, and payers
1Fasano A & Shea-Donohue T. Mechanisms of Disease: the role of intestinal barrier function in the pathogenesis of gastrointestinal autoimmune diseases. Nature Reviews Gastroenterology and Hepatology 2, 416-422 (September 2005) | doi:10.1038/ncpgasthep0259
If you’re interested in volunteering, sponsoring or heading up a new location of Step Beyond Celiac, please contact Jilian Hunt at email@example.com.